PCmover should only be used as intended and as described in the User Guide. If you attempt to use this product for unintended purposes, your computer may become unstable or unusable.
If you have any questions, please review the documentation below or contact Laplink Technical Support.
PCmover Home Documentation
- Windows 8 | 7 | Vista | XP | Media Center
- 200 MB of hard disk space
What You Should Know
- Some programs on your old computer may not be compatible with a newer operating system.
- Files with Digital Rights Management (DRM), such as music files and programs that require keys or serial numbers with a hardware fingerprint, may require deactivation on the old PC and reactivation on the new PC.
- Some programs with unique copy protection may need to be deactivated on the old PC then reactivated with their original key or serial number on the new PC.
- If you are unable to deactivate applications on the old PC, please contact the software manufacturer for each respective application to have the license reactivated.
- Users are responsible to follow user license agreements with each application that is moved.
- You should remove trial software on the new computer if a full version exists on your old PC.
- Antivirus and Anti-Spyware programs will not be moved to your new PC.
- Specific hardware drivers will not be moved to your new PC.
- PCmover is not designed for migrations from newer operating systems to older operating systems. For example, we do not recommend attempting to migrate from a PC running Windows 7 to a PC running Windows XP, as doing so may render your system unstable.
- Make sure to apply all appropriate Windows Updates (including .NET) to your new PC before performing a migration with PCmover.
- Please note that PCmover Home serial numbers are unique to PCmover Home and will not work with other editions of PCmover.